Scott Adams Esq.
Scott C. Adams received his Juris Doctorate from the Shepard Broad Law Center, Nova Southeastern University, graduating in the top 5% of his class. In law school, Mr. Adams was a member of Law Review, as well as, the Chief Advocate for the Moot Court Honor Society. He attended law school as a Dean Fellow Scholarship recipient. Prior to seeking higher education, Mr. Adams served in the United States Army and the New Jersey Army National Guard. He is a veteran of the Persian Gulf War, where he received a Commendation for Valor for Action in Combat. He ended his military career at the rank of Sergeant.
"The things that come to those that wait are the things left behind by those that hustle."
Following law school, Mr. Adams was awarded a prestigious Judicial Law Clerk position with the Honorable Melanie May of Florida's Fourth District Court of Appeals. Since completing his Judicial Clerkship, Mr. Adams has focused his practice exclusively on civil litigation. His experience includes employment law (Fair Labor Standards Act, COBRA claims, worker's compensation & nonpayment of wages), general civil liability (UM, PIP & Bad Faith), and appellate practice. Mr. Adams is a member of the firm's employment law and personal injury law sections.
Mr. Adams has successfully represented hundreds of clients in both Federal and State court. He has successfully tried numerous cases and has helped many employees seeking damages from their employers, including claims of discrimination, unpaid overtime (Fair Labor Standards Act), and unpaid wages.
Mr. Adams has also helped many clients injured in accidents caused by the negligence of others recover fair compensation. Personal injury cases he handles includes wrongful death, car accident, dog bites and motorcycle accidents.
Attorney Scott Adams has achieved an "AV" rating overall, which is the highest ranking bestowed by Martindale-Hubbell, the national attorney ranking service.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Employment Law
- Personal Injury
- Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- Honors: Top 5% of His Class
- Honors: Chief Advocate, Moot Court Honor Society
- Honors: Dean Fellow Scholarship Recipient
- Law Review: Nova Southeastern University Law Review, Member
- Kean College of New Jersey
- BA - Bachelor of Arts
- "AV" rating overall by the national attorney ranking service Martindale-Hubbell
- Awarded The National Advocates Top 100 Lawyers
- Awarded a Prestigious Judicial Law Clerk Position with the Honorable Melanie May of Florida's Fourth District Court of Appeals
- Dean Fellow Scholarship from Nova Southeastern University - Shepard Broad Law Center
- Florida, 2002
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- Federal Bar Association (Orlando chapter): Member
- Orange County Bar Association (OCBA): Member
- Florida Bar, Labor and Employment Law Section: Member
- Florida Bar Wage and Hour Subcommittee: Member
- National Employment Lawyers Association: Member
- Central Florida Trial Lawyers Association Member
Past Employment Positions
- United States Army
- New Jersey Army National Guard
- Persian Gulf War, Veteran
- English and Spanish
"Regardless of the complexity of the case or the contentions of the Parties, I practice with civility, integrity, and professionalism. It is a privilege to be a lawyer and to be able to seek justice for our clients."