Key Factors in Domestic Violence Cases
Experienced Domestic Violence Defense Attorney Represents Clients In Orlando
What started out as a simple argument may have led to an arrest and now your freedom and record are in jeopardy. Many people who have been arrested for domestic violence do not understand the nature of their charges, their rights and the potential penalties they may face if convicted of a domestic violence offense.
If you have been charged with domestic violence in Florida, you must be aware of the following factors that could impact your rights:
- The prosecutor does not have to drop your charges simply because the alleged victim asks for your charges to be dropped.
- The prosecutor may subpoena the alleged victim to testify at your trial.
- You may be convicted even if you did not start the fight and even if the victim hit you first.
- You may potentially be convicted for something as simple as a slight push; the victim does not have to have been injured for the prosecution to obtain a conviction.
- If you plead guilty to a domestic violence charge, you will have a criminal record and you may face serious criminal penalties.
If you have been arrested following a domestic dispute, you need an experienced criminal defense attorney on your side! Our experienced domestic violence attorneys in Orlando defend clients throughout central Florida who have been charged with domestic violence, assault, battery and other criminal charges.
Contact Us If You Are Charged With Domestic Violence
Florida prosecutors take domestic violence charges very seriously, and so should you. If you are charged with domestic violence we strongly suggest that you seek experienced legal advice immediately. Our criminal defense attorneys are committed to protecting your rights and seeking the best possible result in your case. Our defense attorneys have handled thousands of criminal cases, including domestic violence cases. As experienced negotiators and trial lawyers, they are prepared to provide the vigorous defense you require. To schedule a consultation with us call 866-680-4529 today! You may also fill out the online form provided on the left hand-side of this page and our Orlando domestic violence defense lawyer will contact you shortly. Your privacy is very important to us. We will keep your information confidential.