Failure to Appear in Court in Orlando?
Orlando Criminal Defense Attorney Represents Clients Throughout Central Florida
Missing a scheduled court appearance for a traffic violation, misdemeanor, other offense or a civil court case may not initially seem likely to have severe consequences. Some Central Florida courts and law enforcement agencies are often overloaded, and it may be tempting to hope that your failure to appear will "slip through the cracks."
Missing Court Often Leads To An Arrest Warrant And Revocation Of Bail
Escaping punishment is very unlikely, the risk of failing to appear in court is serious, and it is important to recognize that you could:
- Face a new, additional criminal charge punishable by large fines and even jail time when considered alongside the original charge or past convictions
- Have a bench warrant issued by the judge for your arrest, very possibly leading to your being taken into police custody in front of family or co-workers
- Be punished with revocation of your bond status and be labeled a "flight risk" without any constitutional right to release on bail of any amount
- Face more vigorous prosecution on the original offense than you might have otherwise, such as having a prosecutor seek a harsher sentence or refuse to plea bargain your case
Whatever the original charge against you, from reckless driving or DUI to a domestic violence or weapons charge, making your scheduled court appearance —you need a well-prepared Orlando defense attorney on your side. We also realize that people make mistakes under stress and you may have a valid, unavoidable reason for missing court. You can turn to our firm for zealous, resourceful representation.
Contact Our Experienced Orlando Defense Attorney If You Missed Court In Central Florida
If you have missed a court appearance or learned about a warrant out on you for some other reason, it is critical to act immediately. You need a defense lawyer who has extensive, relevant experience in that specific court and therefore knows all options and strategies for dealing with this problem. At LaBar Adams, we have these attributes along with a reputation in area courts for criminal defense work with integrity. Call us toll free today at 866-680-4LAW or at our local number 407-835-8968. You may also email us using the online form located at the top of this page and we will contact you shortly. We respond to after-hours messages promptly. Evening or weekend appointments are available upon request. We respect your privacy and will keep all your information confidential.
- Supreme Court to decide two Fourth Amendment cases
- Will police need warrants before taking forcible blood tests?