Orlando Marijuana Possession Defense Attorney
Possession Of Less Than 20 Grams Of Marijuana
Have you been charged with possession of less than 20 grams of marijuana in Orlando, Florida? If so, it is critical that you proactively act to protect your rights by retaining an experienced criminal defense attorney.
Since possession of less than 20 grams of marijuana is a misdemeanor offense, many people do not understand the severity of such charges. If you plead guilty to your charges, you could face criminal and civil penalties that could significantly impact your future:
- You will have a criminal record that could negatively impact your future employment and academic opportunities.
- You will face criminal penalties, which may include fines, probation and potential jail time as well.
- Your driver's license could be suspended for up to two years.
If you are facing marijuana possession charges in Central Florida we strongly suggest you contact our experienced criminal defense attorney in Orlando, Florida. We defend clients throughout central Florida against drug possession charges.
If retained as your defense counsel, we will work diligently to protect your rights and seek the best possible outcome on your behalf. Our criminal defense attorney, N. Ryan LaBar, has handled thousands of criminal cases and is dedicated to providing the vigorous defense you need.
Possible Defenses For Possession Of Marijuana Charges
There are a variety of ways that we can make a positive difference in your possession of marijuana case:
- Depending on the facts of your case, we may be able negotiate an agreement with the prosecution to help you avoid a criminal conviction.
- We may be able to seek the suppression of evidence or seek the dismissal of your charges if the police seized marijuana from your car, home, personal property or person as a result of an unconstitutional search and seizure.
- We can fight your charges at trial. The prosecution must prove that you knowingly possessed marijuana. If the marijuana found was not your own and you did not knowingly possess marijuana, you are not guilty of a crime. The prosecution must prove your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt to obtain a conviction.
Contact Our Experienced Central Florida Marijuana Defense AttorneyHave you been charged with possession of less than 20 grams of marijuana in Orlando, Central Florida or anywhere in Florida? If so, please do not hesitate to call our Orlando marijuana possession defense attorneys to discuss your case as soon as possible. Florida prosecutors take drug possession charges very seriously. Please call us at 1-866-680-4LAW or fill out our online form located at the top of the page and one of our highly experienced criminal defense lawyers will contact you shortly. We respond to after-hours messages promptly. We respect your privacy and will keep all your information confidential.
- Court holds marijuana possession does not lead to automatic deportation
- Florida’s War on Drugs Targets Those Seeking State Aid
- Landmark Florida Ruling Could Benefit Those Charged With Drug Crimes
- FAQs: Marijuana Possession
- Drug Court
- Drug Manufacturing & Cultivation
- Drug Offenses
- Drug Possession
- Cocaine Possession
- Ecstasy and other party drugs
- Hydrocodone (Vicodin)
- Marijuana (Under 20 grams)
- Marijuana (Over 20 grams)
- Prescription Drugs
- Possession With Intent to Distribute
- Constructive vs. Actual Possession
- Drug Sale and Delivery
- Drug Trafficking
- Illegal Search and Seizure
- Pretrial Diversion
- Warrants in Florida