Florida Civil Rights Act
Workplace Discrimination Attorney
Unfortunately in today's society, many employees still face discrimination in the workplace. To combat such discrimination, the Federal Civil Rights Act (Title VII) and the Florida Civil Rights Act (FCRA) were enacted. The purpose of these anti-discrimination laws are to assure equality of employment opportunities and to eliminate those practices and devices that discriminate on the basis of color, religion, national origin, gender, age, handicap, and disabilities.
Florida Civil Rights Act: Protecting Employees From Employment DiscriminationThe Florida Civil Rights Act Protect Employees from Employment Discrimination when it Involves:
- Unfair treatment because of your race, religion, national origin, gender, age, handicap, or disability;
- Harassment by managers, co-workers, or others in your workplace, because of your race, religion, national origin, gender, age, handicap, or disability;
- Denial of a reasonable workplace accommodation that you need because of your religious beliefs or disability;
- Retaliation because you have complained about job discrimination with a job discrimination investigation or lawsuit.
The Orlando Civil Rights Lawyers at LaBar Adams have helped many individuals recover monetary damages for the unlawful discrimination they have suffered. Such damages have included wages, compensatory damages, pain and suffering damages, and punitive damages. Through helping these individuals the employment lawyers at LaBar Adams have been directly confronted with the worst that employees must endure from their employers.
Contact Our Experienced Orlando Discrimination Attorneys
If you believe you have suffered from discrimination in the workplace because of your race, color, or natural origin, please contact the employment law attorney at LaBar Adams for a consultation to discuss your case immediately. You discrimination claim under the Florida Civil Rights Act is time sensitive! We have helped hundreds of employees with discrimination claims and will be happy to help you too. Call us at 1-866-680-4LAW or fill out our online form located at the top of the page and our discrimination lawyer in Orlando will contact you shortly. We respond to after-hours messages promptly. Evening or weekend appointments are available upon request. We respect your privacy and will keep all your information confidential.
- Victims of Discrimination or Retaliation in Violation of the Florida Civil Rights Act or the Federal Civil Rights Act are Entitled to Front Pay
- Constitutional Right to Trial by Jury Under Attack in Employment Cases by Employers
- Supervisor Status in Discrimination Cases - After Vance v. Ball State, 133 S.Ct. 2434 (2013)
- Discrimination FAQs
- Disability discrimination - Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Discrimination in the Workplace & The Florida Civil Rights Act
- Gender discrimination (Equal Pay Act)
- Pregnancy discrimination
- Retaliation protection
- Wrongful termination
December 16, 2014
World class advocacy and support
★★★★★ Posted in AVVO by Anonymous
Mr Adams took my case for employment discrimination (race and age) knowing the low probability of success. What he saw was gross injustice and was bent on righting a wrong. He provided first rate service by studying the employers biz model, legal history and financial health - constantly educating me along the way. He demonstrated his in-depth knowledge of relevant case laws and legal precedents by solidify my claims during mediation. His efforts resulted in a favorable settlement in the end. He is an obvious legal scholar and was an absolute pleasure to work with.