Orlando CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
Experienced Orlando Auto Accident Lawyer Represents Victims Throughout Central Florida
Have you or a family member been injured in an auto accident as a result of the negligence of another person? Was an unmarked maintenance or a faulty construction the cause of your car accident? If so, our highly experienced Orlando car accident attorney can help! We have helped many clients in the past and would be honored to help you too! Call us today at 1-866-680-4LAW to talk to our auto accident attorney!
A car accident can be a very stressful and devastating event. Beyond the pain and expense from your injuries, you may not be able to work for some time. In the most severe cases, you may not ever be able to return to the job you once held. Your car may require substantial repairs or you might even need a new car altogether. In these times, a personal injury lawyer can be of major assistance in helping you recover your full measure of damages. At LaBar Adams, our Orlando Car Accidents Lawyers serve injured people across Central Florida. Contact us today to discuss your claim!
What Is Considered Negligence In A Car Accident
Florida Personal Injury law requires drivers to use reasonable care to prevent other drivers, passengers, pedestrians and in general people on the road from being hurt. Among the behavior that may be considered "negligent" on a car accident are:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to stopping at a red light or to observe other traffic signs
- failure to yield the right-of-way
- Failure to watch for crossing pedestrians or bicycle riders
- Reckless or careless driving
- Following the vehicle in front at an unsafe distance
- Driving too fast
- Drunk driving (DUI)
- Texting while driving
Florida Car Accident Statistics
Below are some statistics provided by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (www.flhsmv.gov):
- Fatalities as a result of crashes in Florida decreased by 14% between 2008 and 2009
- Over 40% of fatal crashes occur during day time
- Saturday is the most deadly day of the week
- Careless driving accounts for almost 20% of the fatal crashes
- Drunk driving contributes to fatal crashes almost 19% of the time
- Alcohol is a factor in almost 40% of fatal car crashes
- Just over 10% of fatal crashes are caused by the failure to yield the right-of-way
- Car accidents in two-lane highways claim the lives of people more than any other roadway, at almost 38%
- 37% of fatal rollover crashes occurred on four-lane roadways
- Rollover crashes accounted for 3.5% of all crashes in Florida in 2009
- Rollovers are much more common for SUVs and pickups than for car
- Orange County has the 6th largest number of fatalities in Florida (12.7%). Volusia and Polk have the highest rates with 18.5% and 16.1% respectively
- Fatalities of teen drivers and passengers, ages 15 – 19, fell significantly by more than 20% between 2008 and 2009
- Teen drivers continue to over represent in terms of crash frequency
What To Do If Involved In A Car Accident?
There are important steps you should take if you are involved in an auto accident, including:
- Stay calm
- Do note leave the scene of the accident
- Check on all people involved in the accident
- Call 911 if there are any injuries
- Do not apologize to the other driver or make any statements
- File a police report as soon as possible
- Report the accident to your insurance company
- Collect contact information from those involved in the accident and from witnesses
- Collect insurance information from other parties involved. If possible, obtain prove of insurance
- Take pictures of the accident
- See a doctor even if you feel allright
- Keep detailed track of of your damages
- Contact a personal injury attorney. Our car accident lawyers in Orlando are well prepared to help you with this type of cases and are available 24 hours a day.
Common Car Accident Injuries
People may sustain many types of injuries during a car accident, being the most seen by our personal injury lawyers the following:
Common Types Of Car Accidents
Our personal injury attorneys represent those injured in all types of car accident cases in Orlando, Winter Park, Kissimmee and throughout Central Florida, caused by the negligence of others. Among the most common types of auto accidents we encounter are:
- Car and train collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Multiple car collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- Side-impact collisions
- Rollover crashes (vehicle has overturned at least 90 degrees to its side)
- Car accidents caused by negligent drivers (drunk driving, distracted driving, reckless drivers)
How Can A Car Accident Lawyer Help?
If you have been injured by another driver, you will likely have to deal with their insurance company to obtain money damages for your medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and property damage. It is vital to understand that insurance companies do not have your best interests at heart. Insurance companies are businesses, and their business involves minimizing what they pay in claims. If you try to negotiate with an insurance company on your own, there is a good chance you will not get everything that you are entitled to.
Hiring an experienced auto accident attorney can help you avoid costly mistakes! Our Orlando personal injury attorneys have helped many seriously injured people in auto accidents, and have an understanding of what your legal claim is worth. We understand that many car accident injuries, such as with back injuries or a spine injury, it can take some time to determine the full scope of your injuries. We will never advise you to accept a "quick and dirty" settlement. Rather, we will closely examine the circumstances behind your accident and discuss your course of treatment with your doctors to help you receive the best possible care.
Get Help From Our Orlando Car Accident Attorneys!
If you or someone you care about has suffered injuries in an car accident because of the negligence of others, call our auto accident lawyer in Orlando at 407-835-8968 or Toll free at 1-866-680-4LAW. You may also fill out the online form located at the top of this page and one of our personal injury attorneys at LaBar Adams will contact you shortly. It is very important for you to understand that legal claims of car accident injuries in Florida must be brought within a specific time frame. As a result, the sooner you get in touch with our personal injury lawyers, the better. We can meet you at home, the hospital or another location if you cannot come to our office in downtown Orlando.
- New Florida cellphone application aims to curb distracted driving
- Teen drivers pose great risk to themselves and others
- Recent Accidents Highlight the Importance of Driving Safety for Seniors
- Bill Passed Requiring Electronic On-Board Recorders for Truckers
- Learning to Share: Why Can’t Florida Motorists and Bicyclists Along?
- Tragic Guardrail Accident Reveals Large Hole in Florida Road Design
- Florida Cities Among the Least Safe for Pedestrians
- Auto Accidents
- Auto Accidents: Out of State Drivers
- Back and Neck Injuries
- What to do in a Car Accident
- Car Accident Liability: Who Is at Fault?
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage
- Car-train Collisions
- Cellphone Use, Texting & Car Accidents
- Injuries to Passengers
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Rear-End Collisions
- Scooter Accidents
- Serious Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Whiplash Injuries From Rear-End Auto Accidents
- Wrongful Death