ORLANDO DOG BITE LAWYERS
Helping Victims Of Dog Bites In Orlando, Winter Park, Kissimmee And Across Central Florida
For many Americans their dogs and other animals are a source of love and companionship, and Orlando is the perfect place to have one! Central Florida, and Orlando in particular, has many dog-friendly parks where dogs can run freely without a leash and "socialize" with other dogs. However, not all animals show others the same love they show to their owners and, with so many dogs in the area, the number of dog bites and animal attacks is high. If you or someone you know has sustained a dog bite injury in Orlando or any other place in Central Florida, contact our Orlando Dog Bite Lawyers today!
Tips To Prevent Dog Attacks
- Never approach an unfamiliar dog, especially if the owner is not present
- Respect the space of a dog, especially while they are with puppies, sleeping or eating
- Always ask the owner before approaching a dog
- Watch the dog’s body language for signs of stress and aggression
- Stay calm. Avoid running or screaming
- Try to stand sideways to the dog and avoid staring at the dog’s eyes. Instead, keep him in your peripheral vision
What To Do If You Are Attacked By A Dog
- Try to put something between yourself and the dog (a jacket, purse, etc.)
- If you fall or the a dog knocks you down, curl into a ball and cover your ears with your hands
- Wash the wound thoroughly with warm water and soap. Seek medical attention
- Collect information including the owner’s name and address
- Try to collect contact information from any witness of the attack
- Report the attack immediately to the local animal care and control agency.
- Tell the animal control official everything you know about the dog, including their owner's name and the address where they live. If the dog is a stray, tell the animal control official what the dog looks like, where you saw them, whether you've seen them before and in which direction they went
- Contact a dog bite attorney to protect your rights and help you obtain the compensation you deserve!
Dog Bites Consequences
Dog bites can range from minor to so severe that they can be deadly. The most frequent target of dog attacks is the face. Facial injuries can be devastating and have lifelong consequences both emotionally and physically, especially in a child. Among the consequences a person bitten by a dog or other animals may face are:
- Painful and expensive cosmetic surgery
- Brain injuries
- Damaged muscles, bones, nerves, and blood vessels
- Long medical treatments
- Psychological trauma that requires psychological treatment and counseling
Dog Bite Or Other Animal Attack - Damages That May Be Recovered
If a person dies due to an animal attack the family members may be entitled to file a wrongful death claim. If the injuries are severe but do not cause death, you may be entitled to obtain monetary compensation. Among the recoverable damages are:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical bills (present and future)
- Emotional distress
- Lost Wages
- Veterinary expenses
- Property damages
A personal injury attorney experienced in dog bites and other animal attacks can help you determine the damages you are entitled to and will work to protect your rights and obtain the compensation you deserve. Call us today at 407-835-8968.
Dog Bite Claims In Florida - Statute Of Limitations
Dog bite claims need to be filed within a specific time frame. In Florida, a person who has been bitten by a dog has four (4) years since the date of the attack to file a claim in civil court. Once this period of time has expired, the victim will no longer be able to bring a claim. As a result, we strongly advice victims of dog bites and other animal attack incidents in Central Florida to contact an experienced dog bite attorney in Orlando as soon as possible.
If you or your child has been bitten by a dog or attacked by an animal, you need to hold the owner of the animal responsible. An Orlando dog bite attorney can go a long way to ensuring that you are fairly compensated for your injuries. Our personal injury lawyers have stood up for people throughout Central Florida who have been severely injured due to someone else's negligence.
Dog Bites And Homeowner’s Insurance
Florida has strict liability laws in dog bites and animal attacks. This means that a dog or animal owner is automatically responsible for injuries resulting from a bite or attack. If you have been bitten by a dog or attacked by an animal in Orlando or anywhere in Florida, you only have to prove your damages.
In many dog bite cases a person is bitten by a neighbor's dog. When neighbors have friendly relations, the person who has been bitten may be concerned about filing a lawsuit against their neighbor. We understand this concern. However, any claim for damages will be against your neighbor's homeowners insurance policy. These insurance policies are designed for incidents such as dog bites. They are very effective at helping you get the compensation you need for your medical expenses, any lost income, and pain and suffering.
Contact Our Orlando Dog Bite Attorneys
Have you suffered injuries because of a dog bite or has been attacked by an animal in Winter Park, Kissimmee or anywhere in Central Florida? Call our Orlando dog bite attorneys at 407-835-8968 or Toll free at1-866-680-4LAW (4529). You may also fill out the online form located at the top of this page and our premises liability lawyers at LaBar Adams will contact you back. We can meet you at home, the hospital or another location if you cannot come to our office in downtown Orlando.
- Are there any breeds banned in Florida?
- What should I do if a neighbor has an aggressive dog? I am scared about my children playing in my own backyard!
- A friend's dog bit my son. I feel sad about suing him. Is there any alternative?
- A dog attacked my dog while in a dog park. Do I have a legal claim?