Orlando Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Representing Those Injured In Motorcycle Accidents in Orlando and Across Central Florida
If you have you been injured in a motorcycle accident in Central Florida because of the negligence of others our Orlando motorcycle accident attorneys can help! As more and more people have chosen to ride a motorcycle within the Central Florida area and share the road with a growing number of other types of vehicles such as cars and trucks, the number and frequency of motorcycle accidents has also grown too.
What To Do If You Are Involved In A Motorcycle Accident?
If you are injured in a motorcycle accident a personal injury attorney can guide you through the process of filing a legal claim in order to obtain fair compensation for your medical bills and other losses. Contact your accident attorney as soon as possible and make sure to:
- Get the contact information from those involved in the accident
- Collect the contact information from any witness of the accident
- Obtain the insurance information for all parties involved in the accident
- Take pictures of the accident and the immediate area
- If possible draw a diagram of the accident scene
- Write a detailed description explaining how the accident occur, time, visibility, etc.
- Call the Police
- Get a copy of the police report
Motorcycle Accidents - Common Causes
Among the most common reasons accounted for motorcycle accidents in the Orlando and Central Florida areas are:
- Improper turns made by cars ahead of the motorcycle
- Failure to observe speed limits
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
- Motorcycle Lane Splitting
- Texting and other distractive behaviors
- Failure to use signals properly
- Excessive lane changing
- Failure to yield when appropriate
- Failure to see a motorcycle entering the road
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Our attorneys understand that few things are as exhilarating as taking a motorcycle out on the open road. The weather in Central Florida is perfect for motorcycling and a motorcycle is also fuel efficient when compared to most automobiles. The only downside to riding a motorcycle is that, If you are involved in an accident, you face the likelihood of severe injuries. Even if you wear a helmet and protective clothing, you have very little protection against the other cars and the road.
Motorcycle riders frequently sustain serious injuries when involved in an accident caused by other's negligence, due to the little protection they have and their disadvantaged position in relation to other vehicles. Among the injuries we commonly see when handling these cases are:
- Broken bones
- Spinal injuries
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
- Head or traumatic brain injury
- Road abrasions
- Loss of limbs
If you have been in a motorcycle accident, you may have suffered serious abrasions, lacerations or road rash. You or a loved one may have suffered broken bones, spinal injuries, or even a traumatic head or brain trauma. In the worst cases, motorcyclists can die from injuries sustained in an accident. In addition to your obvious concerns about recovering from your injuries, you likely have financial concerns as well. Our Orlando Motorcycle Accident Lawyers are able to help people who have been injured in motorcycle accidents get the money damages they need.
Discuss Your Case With Our Orlando Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in Orlando or anywhere in Central Florida due to the negligence of other drivers, you may be entitled to monetary compensation for the injuries, damages and pain you sustained. Contact us today! We will take every step within the law to recover full compensation for your medical expenses, past and future lost income, pain and suffering, and property damage. To go about this, we will review the circumstances behind the accident. If necessary, we will enlist the services of experts, such as an accident reconstructionist, to establish the liability of the other party. Proving liability is only one part of your case. Our personal injury lawyers will also have to prove your damages. This is not always straightforward, particularly if your injuries will impact your future quality of life.
Our motorcycle accident lawyers in Orlando also help people who have been injured while riding scooters, motorbikes and other forms of two-wheeled transportation. Fill out our online form or call us at 1-866-680-4LAW to schedule a consultation and discuss your legal claim. We can meet you at home, the hospital or another location if you cannot come to our office.
- New Florida cellphone application aims to curb distracted driving
- Teen drivers pose great risk to themselves and others
- Recent Accidents Highlight the Importance of Driving Safety for Seniors
- Learning to Share: Why Can’t Florida Motorists and Bicyclists Along?
- Tragic Guardrail Accident Reveals Large Hole in Florida Road Design