Florida Overtime Law
Published on April 24, 2016
What is overtime pay? Orlando employment law attorney Ryan LaBar explains what is overtime under Florida labor law. Call us at 407-835-8968 to schedule a consultation.
What is Overtime Pay?
We get a lot of questions from our clients about what overtime pay is and how it’s calculated. If you are an employee and you are covered under the “Fair Labor Standards Act” and you work more than 40 hours, you are entitled to compensation at a rate of 1 and a half times your regular rate. Now, there are a lot of exclusions and exemptions to the act, and not every employee is covered. For more detailed analysis, you should contact an employment lawyer at LaBar Adams to discuss your factual scenario and to determine whether or not your job title is covered.
- An Overtime and Minimum Wage Claim Survives a Party’s Death
- The Fair Labor Standards Act will Cover More Employees Commencing on December 1, 2016
- Employment Lawyers of LaBar & Adams have been named Class Counsel
- Am I Exempt from Overtime Pay and Minimum Wage Laws?
- Am I entitled to overtime even though I receive a salary?
- Employees are Entitled to Prompt Payment of Overtime Pay and Minimum Wage
- Can Salespersons Be Entitled To Overtime Pay And Minimum Wage?
- Who Can Be Responsible For an Employee's Unpaid Overtime Pay And Minimum Wage Pursuant To The FLSA?
- Are Employees Complaining About Not Receiving Overtime Pay Or Minimum Wage Protected From Retaliation?
- Are Independent Contractors Entitled to Overtime Pay and Minimum Wage?
- Are Employees That Are Paid By Straight Commission Entitled To Overtime Pay And Minimum Wage?
- Are Employees Entitled to Overtime Pay And Minimum Wage When Pay And Time Records Do Not Reflect The Hours Actually Worked?
- Are Salaried Employees Entitled To Overtime Pay And Minimum Wage?
- When Are Interns Entitled to Overtime Pay and Minimum Wage?
- Rectifying Substandard Wages and Oppressive Working Hours
- What Should Be Included in an Employee’s Regular Rate of Pay When Calculating Overtime Wages Owed?
- What is Overtime Pay?
- Are Salaried Employees in Florida Entitled to Overtime Pay?
- What is Overtime Pay
- Who Gets Overtime Pay in Florida?